Advanced Certificates and Open-enrolment Programs
Acquire an in-depth understanding of the key success factors in the luxury business
The combination of world-class faculty, cutting-edge research, publications in the field of luxury management and the significant number of CEOs from luxury organizations among its alumni enables HEC Paris to offer an exclusive program that is truly unique of its kind.
Level: Certified Program
Duration: 2 weeks
Location: HEC Paris Center
- Acquire an in-depth understanding of the luxury industry
- Successfully manage luxury brands
- Internationally renowned faculty
Locations: Paris, France (May) and Shanghai, China (October)
The successful completion of the Advanced Certificate will earn you 18 credits towards the HEC Paris Executive MBA. The EMBA Major in Luxury can also be taken as a specialization within the HEC Paris Executive MBA. The EMBA requires only 7 or 8 weeks out of the office during a 17-month period. More information in the Admission section.
These include all teaching fees, academic material, accommodation in both locations.
On free evenings, dinners will be at the expense of the participants.
Travel expenses to and from all modules are not included.
Academic fees are not subject to VAT.
Dates of next session: Sunday 07 May 2017
Duration: 2 weeks
HEC Paris Champerret, Jean Monnet
Sunday 7 - Friday 12 May 2017
Sunday 15 - Friday 20 October 2017
This program is aimed at participants who either already manage a luxury brand, or have business responsibilities within a luxury company or will do so in the near future
The aim of the program is to endow participants/managers with all the concepts, skills, know-how and benchmarks they need to develop and manage luxury brands and companies today and in the future. It is an ambitious program that will enable participants to delve deeply into the culture of luxury in order to grasp the essence of its so specific management. The goal of this business-oriented program is to enable participants to make the right and relevant strategic decisions concerning the marketing of luxury brands worldwide.
This demanding two-week program is run in Paris, France and Shanghai, China.
It combines a rare blend of cutting edge theory, high level interaction with top executives from luxury brands, practice oriented sessions and self-immersion in retail.
Session 1: “The Luxury Strategy” – HEC Paris
Themes explored in the first session will include:
- Delineating luxury: a multicultural approach;
- What is a luxury strategy? How is it different from a premium strategy? Or fashion strategy?
- Luxury marketing is specific: the major anti-laws of marketing;
- Segmenting the luxury market and positioning brands;
- The heart of luxury: creation. How does it differ from classical communication?
- Retail management and performance: location, merchandising, human resources, equity building ;
- New frontiers of luxury: sustainable development, social media and internet; omni-channel vision
- Company visits to illustrate how the main challenges of tomorrow are met: Internet, sustainable development, building synergies between brands within groups, profitable growth etc.
Session 2: “The Luxury Strategy” – Shanghai
This session is a learning expedition: it aims at exposing managers to the most challenging culture of luxury today.
The following themes will be covered:
- Understanding the Chinese culture and doing business with the Chinese partners
- Understanding the culture gap that impacts how luxury brands need to communicate
- Measuring the challenges of retail performance in China
- How to enter markets in China and develop regionally, and by type of cities
- Understanding Chinese luxury consumers: what is the relevant segmentation?
- Facing the most digital market in the world and technology challenges: How to leverage social networks, e commerce in order to develop omni-channel strategies
- The importance of travel retail
All participants choose a strategic issue to address throughout the program. This enables them to build on their own experience and draw on the expertise in their professional networks. They work closely with HEC Paris faculty for academic input and capitalize on the know-how of the many industry experts present in the program.
Jean-Noël Kapferer , HEC Paris Emeritus Professor of Marketing
CEO, Devanlay Garment Manufacturing (Shanghai) Co., Ltd
European-African Export Director, GUERLAIN
Head of Marketing, Fashion Accessories for Swarovski
Hotel Manager for the Ritz-Carlton Hotel Company, Doha
General Manager, L'Oreal Luxe
Consultant of the Board KORLOFF Paris
CEO and Founder of The House of Eyewear
Former Head of Credit Management at Lanvin
CEO of Diarough Switzerland
Brand Strategy & Experience, DS automotive brand
- Open enrolment subject to our selection process.
- The language of instruction is English. A professional level in English is required: TOEIC, TOEFL or IELTS (for applicants whose mother tongue is not English or candidates who do not hold a university degree from an English speaking institution).
- 18 credits gained upon successful completion of this two module Advanced Certificate may be used towards the HEC Paris Executive MBA.
- Holders of an Advanced Certificate will be able to deduct the full price of the Advanced Certificate if they are admitted to the HEC Paris EMBA.
- Each Advanced Certificate has two 1-week modules fixed for May and October respectively, to be delivered in two different locations, France and Italy.
- Each module has a 5-day schedule, for a total of 10 days or 90 hours per Advanced Certificate.
Others programs in Advanced Certificates and Open-enrolment Programs
+33 (0)1 39 67 75 44
Sunday 07 May 2017
14,585 € (2016)
Professor Jean-Noël Kapferer
Academic Director of the HEC Paris EMBA Major in Luxury / Advanced Certificate in Luxury
Show the testimonial