Advanced Certificates and Open-enrolment Programs
Develop the global vision needed to be a driving force in the world of aviation & aerospace
Since the 1990s, the aerospace industry has undergone significant changes. There are now fewer but much larger companies that dominate the market, with hundreds of suppliers competing for subcontracts. Key trends include increased emphasis on operational efficiency, outsourcing development & manufacturing, etc.
Level: Certified Program
Duration: 2 weeks
Location: AirBusiness Academy Concordia University, Aviation Management Institute (AMI)
- Highly interactive approach
- In-depth and global perspective of the industry
- Renowned academic partners
Locations: Montreal, Canada (May) and Paris/ Toulouse, France (October)
Credits gained upon successful completion of this 2-module Advanced Certificate may be used towards the HEC Paris Executive MBA. The EMBA Major in Aerospace and Aviation can be taken as a specialization within the HEC Executive MBA. The EMBA requires only 7 or 8 weeks out of the office during a 17-month period. More information in the Admission section.
Costs include all teaching fees, academic material, accommodation in both locations.
On free evenings, dinners will be at the expense of the participants.
Travel expenses to and from all modules are not included.
Academic fees are not subject to VAT.
Dates of next session: Sunday 21 May 2017
Duration: 2 weeks
21 - 26 May 2017 (TBC)
The Advanced Certificate in Aerospace and Aviation is open to all Executive MBA participants at HEC Paris and to external applicants with significant business experience in the industry. Participants must also have an international mindset and be actively involved in their companies strategic decision-making.
What specific long-term benefits can you gain from the program?
- Develop the global vision needed to be a driving force in the world of aviation & aerospace.
- Understand the dynamics and complexity of these highly deregulated markets.
- Acquire valuable insights into the evolution of the industry’s business models.
- Share your experience with other experienced managers and build up a network of peers.
- Increase your self-confidence in strategic decision-making and sharpen your business skills and acumen.
- Challenge your assumptions with leading professionals from the industry’s major companies.
This Advanced Certificate also focuses on relevant concepts and tools in finance, marketing and information technology from the perspective of the Aviation and Aerospace industry. These include, airline & aircraft financing, airline revenue management, competitive advantages derived from supply chain management, IT expertise, and e-business development. Our teaching methods encourage a high level of participant interaction through case studies, guest speakers, workshops and presentations as well as a Team Research Project.
The Advanced Certificate in Aviation & Aerospace is structured around two week-long intensive modules, which consider the Aerospace and Aviation industry from different perspectives. This approach affords original insights into the future of the industry and how to best prepare for it.
The first module will take place in Montreal, Canada, the world capital of the Aviation industry. It focuses on the economics of the aviation industry, the role of International Institutions, their impact on strategy and risk management. This seminar is hosted by the Aviation Management Institute of Concordia University in Montreal, Canada, with visiting professors from MIT, McGill Air & Space Law Institute and international industry lecturers.
The second module takes place at the HEC campus in Paris and in Toulouse. It focuses on how to convert internal competitive advantages and in-depth understanding of the industry into successful corporate strategies in the Aviation and Aerospace sectors.
Georges Rochas, HEC Paris Affiliate Professor
In-House Legal Counsel in Thales Group
Head of Project Management at Aerolite AG
Project Manager at European Space Agency
Senior Manager, Corporate Strategy, Airbus Group
Airline Pilot at Air Canada
- Open enrolment subject to our selection process.
- The language of instruction is English. A professional level in English is required: TOEIC, TOEFL or IELTS (for applicants whose mother tongue is not English or candidates who do not hold a university degree from an English speaking institution).
- 18 credits gained upon successful completion of this two module Advanced Certificate may be used towards the HEC Paris Executive MBA.
- Holders of an Advanced Certificate will be able to deduct the full price of the Advanced Certificate if they are admitted to the HEC Paris EMBA.
- Each Advanced Certificate has two 1-week modules fixed for May and October respectively, to be delivered in two different locations, one of which is outside of France.
- Each module has a 5-day schedule, for a total of 10 days or 90 hours per Advanced Certificate.
Others programs in Advanced Certificates and Open-enrolment Programs
+33 (0)1 39 67 75 44
Sunday 21 May 2017
14,585 € (2016)
Vice President Corporate Communication Services, Airbus SAS
"I started out by choosing the Advanced Certificate in Aerospace and Aviation.